I create a WordPress website locally but Unable to install plugins on localhost. Creating WordPress websites on a localhost server is a common practice. We can try more WordPress themes and plugins, test their features, and learn about new functionality in WordPress. I had only one problem that I could not install the plugin from the admin panel.
Reason unable to install plugins on localhost
The plugin search functionality is working properly but installation gives an error that “Enter FTP credentials to proceed”. You can see the ‘Connection Information’ screen. I did not have FTP credentials to install on the localhost.
Important: WordPress does not have the essential permissions to directly modify the file, then you will be asked for FTP credentials to install plugins or updates its files.
How to install WordPress plugins
Of course, you can download the plugins online and then copy and paste the files to your localhost plugin directory. But I added the following code to our wp-config.php file.
I return to the Plugin page and install it again. Now it is showing another error:
“Installation fails: Could not create directory”.
I changed the privileges for the wp-content folder to 777.
Now plugins are fully installed.
Listed here are just a few more articles, which will able to help you fix other WordPress issues:
- How to install WordPress?
- Also, you read how to install a WordPress theme?
- How to install WordPress Plugin?
- How to install WordPress manually?
- Uninstall and Delete a WordPress Theme?
- Activate Free SSL Certificate for your WordPress website.
- How to Install Google Analytics in WordPress site?
- Should you install a plugin that was not tested with your WordPress version?
- How to Add a Click-to-Call Button in WordPress?
- How to add Nofollow tags to support SEO?
I hope this article helps to install plugins on localhost. If in case you have any further questions, be happy to ask me within the feedback part below.
If you liked our articles, please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for WordPress Video Tutorials. You can also find us on social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook.
1 thought on “Unable to install plugins on localhost”