Do you like to properly add keywords and meta descriptions in WordPress?
Meta keywords and descriptions allow you to boost your website’s SEO ranking. This means more traffic, leads, and sales for your online business.
In this article, we will explain to you how to simply add keywords and meta descriptions to the WordPress site.
Why do you need to add Keywords and Meta Descriptions in WordPress?
Keywords and descriptions allow you to inform search engines more about the content of your posts and pages.
Keywords are important words or phrases that people are eventually to search to find your content. A meta description is a short description of what your page or post is about.
It’s your post or page meta title, description, and keywords that shows up in Google search results:
Meta keywords and meta descriptions are HTML meta tags. They set up your website’s header code. They don’t show on your page or post for visitors to see. However, search engines and browsers can use them for search results.
WordPress SEO plugins make it very simple for you to add them from your WordPress admin area for each post and page on your website.
How Important are Meta Keywords and Meta Descriptions for SEO?
You know most WordPress users, you will also be adding meta keywords and meta descriptions will improve your WordPress SEO rankings.
While search engines don’t exactly share how much importance they assign to keywords or descriptions, SEO experts always recommend adding the right meta descriptions and keywords for on-page SEO optimization.
Meta descriptions are mostly used by search engines. In Google’s search results, they visible below your content’s title, with the search term shown in bold.
An impressive meta description will encourage users to click through and read your content. We know a good click-through rate means Google will likely rank your content higher.
We advise adding a meta description for all the posts and pages on your website, including your homepage, category pages, and tag pages.
How to Add Meta Descriptions and Keywords in WordPress site?
We will be using Yoast SEO which is the best WordPress SEO plugin on the market. It allows you to easily optimize your whole WordPress site for better SEO and comes with a complete set of tools to grow your business.
First, you’ll need to install and activate the Yoast SEO plugin. For more details, read our step by step tutorial on how to install a WordPress plugin.
Upon activation, Yoast SEO will take you through a simple setup wizard. Just follow the step by step instructions to get the entire setup for your site.
After completing the setup, just click the ‘Finish Setup and Go to the SEO’ button.
- Yoast SEO comes with many features. This page allows you to easily switch those features on and off. By default, all the options in this section are turned on.
2. Popular search engines give permission to site owners to add their sites using the webmaster’s tools area. Read our complete Google Search Console guide to learn more about these tools.
Yoast SEO plugin makes it easier to verify your website with all top search engines like Bing, Yandex, Google.
3. Search Appearance section in Yoast SEO settings controls how your website appears in search results. This includes a lot of options for your homepage, single articles, archives, and taxonomies.
4. You can select an SEO title and description for each post or page that you publish. Yoast SEO also gives you to set up an automatic template to use for them.
5. Search Console section in the Yoast SEO plugin, authorize you to connect your WordPress site to Google Search Console account.
Just go to SEO » Search Console page and click on the ‘Get Google Authorization Code’ button.
This will hold you to Google Search Console where you will be asked to authorize you. After that, you require to copy and paste the Authorization Code in the Yoast SEO plugin settings.
6. One huge feature of the plugin is that it integrates your site with Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ social platforms.
Clicking on the Social link under the SEO menu will take you to add these platforms.
7. Optimizing Your Posts and Pages with Yoast SEO setting options
I hope this article helps to add Keywords and Meta Descriptions in WordPress Site. If in case you have any further questions, be happy to ask me within the feedback part below.